Type and hit enter
Torrance State Hospital
Torrance State Hospital is an inpatient mental health facility. The project involved replacing the site electrical distribution system that serves each building on campus and includes the demolition and replacement of the main campus switch gear, medium voltage distribution cabling, individual building service transformers, and low voltage main distribution panelboards within each buildin. During the survey phase, there was an assessment for the condition of the existing mechanical and electrical systems and determine if any of them have substantial usable life remaining and whether there is ample capacity to support the future needs of the building.
The site investigation included:
- Assessing the current system capacities
- Comparing equipment life to estimated life expectancy
- Review inefficient system operations
- Determining if the installed equipment sizes are properly sized or oversized
- Review of the building’s automatic temperature control system
- Review of existing site topography and site conditions
- Rodding of the existing electrical conduits was also performed in the schematic design phase to ensure the existing spare conduits were usable
The project also includes the addition of exterior, full-building diesel generators for six patient buildings.